[Nfbwv-talk] Bid for Excellence

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Tue Sep 6 16:05:55 UTC 2011

The following is an announcement from our national office seeking our assistance.

Charlene

Dear Colleagues:

In November, the National Federation of the Blind will be having a national online auction (using eBay) called "Bid for Excellence" to help raise funds to support the work that we do to change what it means to be blind.

Bid for Excellence has the potential to do quite well, but we need your help in acquiring items for the auction.  Popular auction items include travel packages; sporting, celebrity, and/or unique experience packages; and memorabilia and unique items.

Please keep in mind when you read the following that you are not expected to create an entire package.  If one of us can obtain lodging at Canaan or the Greenbrier for example, someone else from one of our other affiliates might be able to obtain transportation.

Examples include-

*   A seven-night stay in a beachfront condo, ski lodge, or luxurious downtown hotel

*   An "I love New York" package, complete with hotel, Broadway show tickets, and a romantic dinner

*   A five-night stay at a Waikiki Beach resort and spa with airfare for Two

*   A golf outing package which includes lodging and rounds of golf

*   A meet and greet along with tickets to a concert, musical, or play (e.g., four tickets to see Rascal Flatts and meet the band afterwards)

*   A specialized lesson with an expert (e.g., batting practice with Cal Ripken)

*   A behind-the-scenes look at a television show (e.g., a tour of the stage and set for Saturday Night Live or the Daily Show)

*   A personal appearance on a television program (e.g., a walk-on or a spoken line in CSI)

*   Dinner or lunch with a celebrity or infamous personality (e.g., lunch with John Waters at Café Hon)

*   A personally signed item of memorabilia (e.g., a guitar signed by Tom Petty or NFL jersey signed by John Elway-the more valuable the item the better)

*   A rare or limited item (e.g., a bottle of rare wine or a limited print by a famous artist)

If you have or know anyone who has any items that would be appropriate for our upcoming Bid for Excellence auction or if you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Ann-Marie Laney at the National Center at alaney at nfb.org<mailto:alaney at nfb.org <mailto:alaney at nfb.org%3cmailto:alaney at nfb.org> > or (410) 659-9314, extension 2371.