[Nfbwv-talk] You are Invited

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Wed Jan 18 19:25:39 UTC 2012

Greetings Fellow Federationists,

I hope this message finds you doing well and enjoying the New Year.

Please be aware that a Leadership Seminar will take place on March 30
and 31 at the Days Inn located in Bridgeport, West Virginia.  This
Leadership Seminar is being hosted by our national office and the
Affiliate Action Department.  Jason Ewell of the Affiliate Action
Department will be conducting this seminar.

Please be aware that you will need to arrive during the afternoon of
March 30 as the seminar is scheduled to begin at 7:30 that evening.  The
seminar will begin again at 9:00 a.m. and continue throughout the entire
day of Saturday, March 31.

Our national office will pay for one night's lodging and attendees will
be responsible for the second night's lodging of $65.  All attendees are
responsible for their own meals.  Wherever possible, there should be at
least two people per sleeping room so that funds can be used
affectively.

The cost of sleeping rooms includes a continental breakfast that sounds
like it is going to be more than coffee and pastries.

So that we can use our time affectively for the seminar, dinner on
Friday night and lunch on Saturday will be catered through the Best
Western.  The cost for each meal is $15 a person for a total cost of $36
a person which includes gratuity.  Dinner on Friday evening will begin
at 6:00 p.m. and will include chicken strips, twice baked potatoes,
tossed salad, green beans, rolls and butter, and coffee.  Lunch on
Saturday will be from noon until 1:15 and will include your choice of
rigatoni and meatballs, chicken alfredo, tossed salad, pasta salad,
garlic bread, and coffee.  You are requested to make your check for
these two meals payable to the National Federation of the Blind of West
Virginia in the amount of $36 and mail your check to Treasurer Marcus
Soulsby at 5309 Venable Avenue; Charleston, WV  25304.  Please mail your
check to Marcus no later than March 15, 2012. This money is not
refundable except in the event of an emergency as we will have an
obligation to the Best Western.

Dinner on Saturday evening will be on your own.  After dinner on
Saturday evening, please return to the meeting room for Federation
fellowship.  If you wish, please bring a snack item such as cookies,
cake, chips, party mix, or something of that nature to share with
everyone so we can snack while we visit with one another.  I will be
providing the plates, napkins, and plastic ware.  Sheri is bringing
bottled water.

Please RSVP to me no later than Tuesday, February 21, 2012, by replying
to this message or via E-mail at cs.nfbwv at frontier.com or by calling
304-672-3445.

This Leadership Seminar will be followed by a board meeting of the
National Federation of the Blind of West Virginia on Sunday, April
first.

I am excited about this seminar and the opportunity to spend time with
my Federation family.

Charlene Smyth

NFBWV President