[Nfbwv-talk] Joyce Porter is Very Ill

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Wed Jun 6 12:47:16 UTC 2012

As some of you know, Joyce did not feel well after the Braille Peer
Tutoring Training over the Memorial weekend.  She has been in the
hospital for about a week now.  They have had to give Joyce blood and
platelets.  They did cauterize and clamp off a place in her esophagus
that was bleeding.

I talked with Roland last night and he said that Joyce isn't doing very
well.  Her blood platelets are down pretty low and her blood pressure
was 116 over 39.  Since her blood count is down and it is putting her at
risk for illnesses and infections, they have a sign on her door
requesting that people not visit who aren't feeling well or who may have
some type of infection.  In case anyone wants to send her cards, I am
including her home mailing address and I am sure Roland and Ann will
take them to her.  Her address is as follows:

Joyce Porter

924 Florida Street

Milton, WV  25541

Everyone have a great day.