[Nfbwv-talk] Today was Huntington Area chapter meeting

Brad Hodges hts25701 at aol.com
Sat Oct 20 22:08:26 UTC 2012

Federationists:

Today is the third Saturday of October, and that means it was chapter
meeting day in Huntington. I am pleased to report that we had 11 members
and a guest at our meeting. We welcome Mark Robertson of Milton as our
newest member. Mark and his wife have relocated to the area from NC.

We discussed and demonstrated options for making use of the
bookshare.org service, which is now available to all of us from
Overdrive. We also discussed progress in providing access on computers
in Public Libraries.

Tuesday Oct. 24 is the first day of early voting in WV, and chapter
members plan to gather on the Cabell County Courthouse steps at 12:15 to
participate as a group. We secured equal access to the voting process as
a community and we will celebrate our freedom to cast a truly private
ballot as a community. Naturally we are inviting local media to join us
in order to highlight accessibility to voting by all citizens.

We are making efforts to address some recent problems which most chapter
members are experiencing with Dial-A-Ride service in the area. We intend
to communicate with transit administration in preparation for a full and
honest discussion of the issues at our November meeting.

October is a busy time and I know that there are several additional
efforts underway which will be producing exciting outcomes in the
future. Our next Chapter meeting will be at 9:30 am on Saturday Nov. 17.