[Nfbwv-talk] ANNIVERSARY

Ed McDonald ed at eioproductions.com
Sat Aug 10 00:13:35 UTC 2013

On this date in 1996--it was, in fact, a Friday--the NFB of West Virginia
was in convention in Parkersburg. I was affiliate president, and Ramona
Walhof was national representative.

Around 9:00 PM, following a somewhat stormy meeting of the board of
directors--Karen and I kicked off the annual reception by taking our wedding
vows in the company of our Federation family.

Seventeen years later we spent much of the day making preparations for our
upcoming state convention. Earlier this evening we also enjoyed a nice
dinner at our local eatery in the next block in the company of my
mother-in-law whom many of you know. I am now about to go out to the porch
and clip some fresh mint for making a julep or two.

I am grateful to the "lovely and talented" Karen McDonald for those
seventeen happy years of marriage. The two of us are also grateful  to you
all in our NFB family for getting us off to a good start and for your love
and support along the way.

Also, greetings to our colleagues, Glen and Mary Grogg, who celebrate their
anniversary on this day as well.

Ed