[Nfbwv-talk] Huntington Area Chapter met last Saturday

Brad Hodges hts25701 at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 15:58:39 UTC 2013

Federation Family:

The Huntington Area Chapter held it's regular monthly meeting last
Saturday. Because of an out-of-town commitment I was not able to attend,
but in true Federation tradition, others were there to pick up the
gavel, so thanks to Mary Ann Saunders for presiding.

Our member Mark Robertson has an abiding interest in the availability of
description in movie theaters. He reported that the theaters at the
Huntington Mall are now equipped with the necessary technology to
provide description to those who wish to use it. A small hand-held unit
connects to earphones so the description is presented privately for as
many as 8 customers.

The possibility of a group activity was discussed as was the potential
for receiving publicity for the chapter.

Joyce porter was released from the hospital Friday afternoon and in
another demonstration of the spirit of the organization participated in
the meeting by conference phone. She also reached me early Saturday
morning, and I can't tell you when I have been more pleased to hear
someone's voice.

Members were briefed on the on-going discussions with TTA with respect
to Dial-a-Ride service. They have been encouraged to call with
observations of service issues, both good and bad.

We are planning the Tri-State Spring Seminar and by the February meeting
a working outline will be developed.

Brad Hodges