[Nfbwv-talk] Accessible Laptops are now available to order

NFB Huntington Chapter nfbhuntington at aol.com
Fri Nov 7 15:36:09 UTC 2014

Federation Colleagues:

     I am pleased to report that Mission West Virginia is now able to
take your order for one of the two accessible laptops I have discussed.

To order by credit card or debit card
call 304.562.0723
Monday - Friday, 8:30 to 4:30

Be ready to tell the order taker if you would like the standard Laptop,
with NVDA Screen Reader and System Access To Go free screen reader.
Note, a high speed internet connection is required to use System Access
Or the Laptop with Office and Window-eyes. Note, machines equipped with
Window-Eyes also provide the ability of another Window-Eyes user to
provide remote assistance.

Prices
Standard Laptop with NVDA and System Access To GO, $150
Laptop with Office and Window-Eyes $170

Delivery for those who live outside the Huntington area and can not pick
up the machines is $15 per unit.

I just had a conversation with Donna Calvert from the Library COmission.
Each laptop will include an NLS digital Talking book carterage and the
connecting cord to facilitate use of BARD for on-line Talking Book
transfers.

We can also provide e-mail addresses for those who do not yet have them.
We are anticipating a larger role out of the program, but we want to get
a few orders under our belt so we can work out the kinks first.

If you order, please drop me a note individually at
nfbhuntington at aol.com. I will be working directly with the individual
who configures the machines just as soon as orders are received.

I am very excited that NFBWV is able to make this technology available
across the state. Having independent, affordable access to computer
technology helps us all live the lives we want.

Brad Hodges