[Nfbwv-talk] NFBWV CONSTITUTION

Ed McDonald ed at eioproductions.com
Wed Jan 14 03:54:41 UTC 2015

During its fall meeting in November, the Board of Directors of the National
Federation of the Blind of West Virginia reviewed the affiliate's
constitution and agreed that it should be made available to any member who
may wish to read it. Thus, you will find a copy of the document in MS Word
format attached to this message.

The last major overhaul of the constitution occurred during our annual state
convention in August of 1996. (This convention was also noteworthy because
it included the wedding of Ed and Karen McDonald, but that's another story
for another time!) Since then, a number of minor amendments have been
adopted during subsequent state conventions. The most recent of these was
adopted in 2011.

As chairman of the judiciary committee, I have updated the 1996 document to
include the language of all subsequent amendments. This updated language
appears in the attached document.

If you have questions about the constitution or any of its provisions,
please don't hesitate to get in touch with me. I'll do my best to explain or
interpret any provision in question. Marcus has also indicated that a link
to the constitution will be added to the NFBWV web site.

I hope you find it valuable to read and familiarize yourself with the
document which outlines the structure and function of the West Virginia
affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind.

Cordially,

Ed