[Nfbwv-talk] National Convention

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Tue Jan 27 14:42:47 UTC 2015

I hope this message finds all of you doing well and getting enthusiastic about this year's national convention in Orlando, Florida.  I encourage as many of you as possible to attend what will be a historic convention as we celebrate 75 years of "changing what it means to be blind". And we enable blind people to "live the life you want".

Please do not hesitate to E-mail me or call me at 304-841-1111 if you have any questions.

Below you will find all the information you need for booking your lodging:

National Federation of the Blind
National Convention 2015

When:
Sunday, July 5-Friday, July 10, 2015

Where:
Rosen Centre Hotel
9840 International Drive
Orlando, Florida 32819

Reservations:
For 2015 convention room reservations you should write directly to the Rosen Centre Hotel, 9840 International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819. You can call the hotel at (800) 204-7234 after January 1.

Hotel Information and Room Rates:

The 2015 convention of the National Federation of the Blind will take place in Orlando, Florida, July 5-10, at the Rosen Centre Hotel at 9840 International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819. The 2015 room rates are singles and doubles, $82; and triples and quads, $89. In addition to the room rates there will be a tax, which at present is 13.5 percent. For 2015 convention room reservations you should write directly to the Rosen Centre Hotel, 9840 International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819. You can call the hotel at (800) 204-7234 after January 1. At the time you make a reservation, a $95 deposit is required for each room reserved. If you use a credit card, the deposit will be charged against your card immediately, just as would be the case with a $95 check. If a reservation is cancelled before Monday, June 1, 2015, half of the deposit will be returned. Otherwise refunds will not be made.

Guest-room amenities include cable television; in-room safe; coffeemaker; hairdryer; and high-speed Internet access. Guests can also enjoy a swimming pool, fitness center, and on-site spa. The Rosen Centre Hotel offers fine dining at Executive Chef Michael Rumplik's award-winning Everglades Restaurant. In addition, there is an array of dining options from sushi to tapas to a 24-hour deli. The hotel has first-rate amenities.

Schedule:

Sunday, July 5 Seminar Day
Monday, July 6 Registration Day
Tuesday, July 7 Board Meeting and Division Day
Wednesday, July 8 Opening Session
Thursday, July 9 Business Session
Friday, July 10 Banquet Day and Adjournment