[Nfbwv-talk] a question

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Mon Mar 16 14:45:14 UTC 2015

As far as teaching him grade 2 Braille, you can be a peer tutor to him through our Braille Peer Tutoring Program.  Please talk to Sheri about getting the books to use.  You will need to submit reports to me on how his training is going.

I called the WV School for the Blind and asked how their students take the ACT Test.  Mona said that they can either take it using grade 2 Braille or using an audio CD.  No matter which way the person takes the test, they have to have someone mark their answers.  The school said that they have only provided it to their students and don't know how the other counties do it.  They also don't know how people who have already graduated from high school arrange for taking the test.  You may want to call the schools in your area and ask to talk with the VI teacher to see what they have to say.  If you can't find out what you need to know, let me know and I will do some more checking.