[Nfbwv-talk] Personal testimonials regarding accessibility in the classroom

Bre Brown bre.brown24 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 23:34:42 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I have been asked to pass along the following message from Jonathan
Franks, a member of the NABS legislative committee.

Thanks
Bre Brown

Attention all current, former College and University students!
I am a committee member of the legislative Committee of the National
Federation of the Blind’s National Association of Blind Students. Each
of the  Committee members were assigned a number of states in order to
obtain  Personal Testimonials in order to send them to their
respective Congressional Representative. I am proud to say that I was
assigned to the great state of West Virginia! We are looking for
current College and  University students or recent graduates whom have
faced  Inaccessibility issues regarding technology in the classroom.
Such Examples include: unusable e-readers or tablets, inaccessible
Electronic readings (including mistagged or inaccessible pdf files),
Inaccessible course management software, inability to register
Independently for classes or read course descriptions, collaboration
Sites or software.
We are asking for Current and Post-Grad students from numerous
Universities and Colleges to write testimonials on how inaccessibility
in the classroom setting has negatively affected you.
We are also encouraging anyone whom is not a recent College student to
write letters as well stating your support in making accessibility in
Colleges and Universities happen. So I would like to Encourage you all
too please write and send me your stories. Let us all work together in
making accessibility in the classroom a reality!!

We ask that you include your physical address so that we may send your
letters to your respective Congressional Member.

Please send your letters to
jfranks at nfbtx.org

If you would like some assistance in composing and drafting your
letters, please feel free to contact me. I have also attached a sample
testimonial letter written by our NABS President Sean Whalen to help
guide you. However, I do ask you to make these letters as much of your
own words as possible to accurately reflect your own personal stories.

Warm Regards

Jonathan Franks
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Texas Treasurer Texas Association
of Blind Students