[Nfbwv-talk] Dr. Keller's WVSDB Notes for December 12, 2016

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Wed Dec 14 20:28:45 UTC 2016

December 12, 2016

Dear WVSDB Community;

Good afternoon everyone!  I was especially proud of our float at Romney's Annual Christmas parade this past Saturday.  WVSDB was well represented and our students seemed to enjoy being part of the parade.  Please check out the pictures of the parade on WVSDB's Facebook page.  Thanks to everyone who participated and helped to make the day a success.

I would like to take this opportunity to share with you an update on the schools' recent participation in the State Robotics tournament on December 3rd:  First and foremost, kudos to our WVSDB First Lego League students.  They were wonderful representatives of WVSDB and examples to all of what our students are able to accomplish.  The WVSD 'Lionbots' were truly amazing considering this was their first time to compete at the state level.  They were competing with other novice teams and also with teams who were competing for the 4th consecutive year.  A total of 48 top teams from across the state competed, 3 of whom were selected to attend the national tournament which will be held in St. Louis.  The WVSB Diamond Crushers did a wonderful job responding to the questions asked of them during an interview segment.  A round of applause goes to our 4 teacher/advisors of the WVSDB FLL teams.  It was indeed a wonderful learning experience for our students and their advisors.

I am looking forward to tonight's annual "Celebration of Lights" event which will begin at 5:30 p.m.  We will first gather at the School for the Blind.  Our students will sing and sign Christmas carols as they process from building to building on the campus.  At each location, students will "flip the switch" to show off the Christmas decorations at each building entrance.  At the Administration building, we will light the official School Christmas tree and gather in the MPR in the Pierre Sevigny academic building for refreshments and a visit from Santa.  This event is open to the public.  Invite your family and friends!!  I hope to see many of you tonight.

Warm regards,

Dr. Martin P. Keller, Jr., Superintendent

West Virginia Schools for the Deaf and the Blind

301 East Main Street

Romney, WV  26757

Videophone/Phone:  304-553-7974

Email:  martin.keller at k12.wv.us<mailto:martin.keller at k12.wv.us>

Achieve. Challenge. Thrive.

Copyright (c) 2016 WV Schools for the Deaf and the Blind, All rights reserved.

Thank you for joining Dr. Keller's Weekly Note email list!