[Nfbwv-talk] Braille Monitor Message from Gary Wunder

Dave Allen dave.blindsight at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 01:37:37 UTC 2016

Hi Charlene!

I understand what he's saying. Heck, I frequently grabbed it even when I
wasn't a member, but always enjoyed it, as well as recommended it highly for
valuable content if not current informnation.

Sadly, my suspicion is that his efforts are mainly only failing because
people today only have a 30 second attention span, compared to the days when
we were growing up. I'm not necessarily saying it's all their fault either.
I'm only saying that we didn't have very many distractions back in the day,
so we apporitioned our discressionary time more appropriately than we now
can.

Today's experience offers a good example of this. It is a good practice to
remember to at least put your cell phone on mute if not turn it off when
you're in a meeting.

Sadly, I failed to do that today when we were in a meeting with the banker
updating various things. Fortunately though, since I had failed to do that,
I received a text advising that our expected ride home had been pre-empted,
and it provided instructions for an alternative solution that worked very
well. At least I'm not still hanging around the bank wondering where my ride
is, nor thinking that our hired help had abandoned us.

That's a text I would have missed completely if I had only been a good boy.
*lol*

Cheers,
Dave