[Nfbwv-talk] Marrakesh clarification

Dave Allen dave.blindsight at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 00:17:17 UTC 2016

Hi all!

During I believe it was the MAL meeting, I advised that Canada had ratified
the Marrakesh Treaty.

The question was raised about it going into force, which has since been
clarified.

It goes into force on September 30, 2016 for ratified countries.

There are a few countries (including New Zealand) that have not ratified
yet, but the process is definitely under way, so it may be that ratification
will have been completed by the September date is reached.

Governmental processes just work slowly, but I think we are sufficiently
progressed in it here that there is no doubt things for ratification are on
good track

Concerning US ratification efforts, the treaty has been sent to the Senate,
and while election years aren't the best of times to get things done, I'm
optimistic that they will get the job done now that the conventions are
over.

Yes, I know we still have a couple major events still pending today, but it
isn't unreasonable to look beyond today

Happy Friday all!
Cheers,
Dave

David Allen, Director
Blind-Sight Limited
For computer training and support world-wide, equipment or braille
production please contact me through any of the following ways:
Email: info at blind-sight.com
Telephone: 64-3-455-7694 (Home)
64-27-224-5489 (Mobile)
PO Box 9046