[Nfbwv-talk] Web Access Stories Needed

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Tue May 24 20:18:00 UTC 2016

Dear NFBWV Members,

As you read the following announcement from President Riccobono and you feel you have a web access story to share, please send it to me via E-mail at:

Charlene.r.smyth at wv.gov<mailto:Charlene.r.smyth at wv.gov>

Affiliates:

Send Us Your Web Access Stories:
As part of the public comment process related to the recent Supplemental Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking issued by the Department of Justice, we are gathering comments regarding state and local government website accessibility, which is guaranteed under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). At your June meeting, we need you to gather stories from chapter members about their experience (good or bad) using state and local government websites. This information should be collected and emailed to Kyle Walls at kwalls at nfb.org<mailto:kwalls at nfb.org>.

State and local government websites offer opportunities for consumers to handle matters such as voter registration, property tax issues, school closings and class registration, food stamps, library services, and community bulletin boards, just to name a few examples. Chapter presidents are asked to designate a person responsible for assuring that stories are emailed to Kyle during the month of June. Along with member's stories, we need a working email address in order to follow-up as necessary. Stories will be entered as public comments and shared on www.regulations.gov<http://www.regulations.gov>.