[Nfbwv-talk] January 11, Weekly Notes from Dr. Keller

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Thu Jan 12 15:49:58 UTC 2017

Weekly Note 1/11/17

Dear WVSDB Community;

Happy New Year greetings to everyone!  It is Braille Challenge week this week at WVSB!  We are hosting a social gathering tonight to kick off the event.  The regional competition will take place all day tomorrow.  A special word of appreciation and gratitude goes out to Ms. Sheila Amato, who serves on our Advisory Board, for her tremendous support and help in organizing this important academic event for our students.

Congratulations to Cassie Bowie who was recently selected as the December Secondary Resident of the Month.  Cassie was nominated for demonstration of a positive attitude with staff and other residents.  She often asks if she can help in the dorm.  In addition, Cassie treats others with respect and completes daily tasks independently.  She is also wonderfully artistic and creative.  In the residential setting, Cassie demonstrates the character traits of respect, caring, honesty, and helpfulness.

Lastly, we are proud to offer Family and Friends ASL classes which will begin tomorrow night, January 12th.  The ASL classes, sponsored by the Outreach program, will be held every Thursday night until the end of the school year in June.  For more information on the classes, please contact Ms. Tammy Phillips at tlphillips at k12.wv.us<mailto:tlphillips at k12.wv.us>.

Respectfully yours,

Dr. Martin P. Keller, Jr., Superintendent

West Virginia Schools for the Deaf and the Blind

301 East Main Street

Romney, WV  26757

Videophone/Phone:  304-553-7974

Email:  martin.keller at k12.wv.us<mailto:martin.keller at k12.wv.us>

Achieve. Challenge. Thrive.

Copyright (c) 2017 WV Schools for the Deaf and the Blind, All rights reserved.

Thank you for joining Dr. Keller's Weekly Note email list!