[Nfbwv-talk] Two E-mail Messages

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Fri Sep 29 19:37:09 UTC 2017

Dear Federation Family,

As the following two messages are somewhat related, I am including them in one message as well as with a couple of comments from me:

The first message is to us from Norma Crosby, president of the Texas Affiliate:

Dear Charlene,

I just wanted to let you know that our mailman just delivered your check. I can't express what your generosity means to me and our entire NFBTX family. Your generosity is wonderful, but more than the money, your support means a lot.

We love and appreciate you and all our WV brothers and sisters.

Norma Crosby
NFBTX President

In a separate message, (not shown here) Norma Crosby of the Texas Affiliate is requesting that contributions now be directed to the Puerto Rico Affiliate.  See President Riccobono's message below regarding this.

I would also like to encourage as many of you as possible to donate in an effort to help our brothers and sisters in Puerto Rico.

Update on Our Puerto Rico Affiliate

Dear Federation Leaders,

You are welcome to send contributions to the National Federation of the Blind marked as Hurricane Relief and we will work with our affiliates in Puerto Rico, Florida, and Texas as needed. Obviously, our Texas relief effort is doing well so I would anticipate our focus being on Puerto Rico. As mentioned earlier, we do not yet have a sense of what the needs are so I hesitate to put out a hard call for support until we have more data.

Contributions to the National Federation of the Blind Hurricane Relief Project and be sent to:

National Federation of the Blind
Attn: Hurricane Relief
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, Maryland  21230

Online Contributions can be made at
https://nfb.org/donate

Be sure to note your contribution is for Hurricane Relief.

Mark Riccobono, President