[Nfbwv-talk] Fwd: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] Posting of Research Participant Solicitation Announcements to NFB Lists

Sheri Koch skochnfbwv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 13:53:02 UTC 2018

 Just sharing
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Blake, Lou Ann via State-Affiliate-Leadership-List <
state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 3:16 PM
Subject: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] Posting of Research Participant
Solicitation Announcements to NFB Lists
To: <chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org>, <
state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org>
CC: Blake, Lou Ann <LBlake at nfb.org>

Dear State Affiliate and Chapter Presidents,

As you are aware, the large and diverse membership of the National
Federation of the Blind is of great interest to researchers who are looking
for blind and low vision individuals to participate in research studies. To
help ensure that these research studies have been approved by the research
institution's internal review board, and are focused on topics that align
with the NFB's research mission, the Jernigan Institute has formed a
research advisory council (RAC) to review all research studies before an
announcement to solicit members to participate in research can be posted to
any NFB list.

Once the RAC has approved the research for participation by our members,
the researcher will provide me the announcement for posting. I am writing
to you to request that you do not post research participant solicitation
announcements to your state and chapter email lists, or any other NFB list,
unless they come directly from me. If a researcher emails an announcement
to you for posting, please forward the email to me and I will contact the
researcher to make sure that she/he is aware of our approval process. If a
researcher is a list subscriber and posts an announcement, please forward
the post to me so I can follow-up with the researcher. My email address is
lblake at nfb.org.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thank you in
advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Lou Ann

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Deputy Executive Director, Jernigan Institute
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2221| lblake at nfb.org

[image: National Federation of the Blind] <https://nfb.org/>

                         [image: Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>    [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>    [image: Youtube]
<https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we
work together to help blind people live the lives they want.