[Nfbwv-talk] Do you want to go to national convention?

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Fri May 11 16:20:19 UTC 2018

Read on to see what you can do to try to win a trip to the 2019 national convention.

Greetings Federation Family,

Please help the West Virginia affiliate do its part.  Every year, we are sent Kenneth Jernigan Fund Raffle Tickets for our members to purchase at a cost of $10 per ticket.  With your help, West Virginia can sell its allotment of tickets.  Just let me know how many tickets you wish to purchase.

You might ask, "What's in it for me?" Here is what's in it for you. If you are the winner of this drawing, you will receive round-trip air transportation for two to and from the National Federation of the Blind National Convention in July 2019. You will also receive lodging at that year's convention hotel for seven days during the convention. You will receive registration and banquet tickets for two. In addition, you will receive a cash prize of $1,000. On the other hand, if you don't win but you sell the winning ticket, your chapter will receive $500. You do not have to be present to win.

Chapter presidents, I am requesting that you contact all of your chapter members to sell these tickets.  Then collect the money and E-mail me a list of who all has purchased tickets.  I will then have the buyer's name and contact information filled out on their ticket.

As I will not be submitting the tickets and the money until I get to the national convention in July and don't wish to keep a check of yours outstanding for that long, please make all checks payable to me, Charlene Smyth.  I will cash the checks and submit all money in July.  Please mail checks as follows:

Charlene Smyth
401 East Olive Street
Apartment 1-A
Bridgeport, WV  26330

If you have any questions, please E-mail me or call me at 304-841-1111.

Thank you so much for your support and for being a part of our NFB family.