[NFBWV-Talk] Fwd: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] Messages to this list

Sheri Koch skochnfbwv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 18:40:13 UTC 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: President, National Federation of the Blind via
State-Affiliate-Leadership-List <state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 1:11 PM
Subject: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] Messages to this list
To: State Affiliate Leadership List <
state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org>
CC: President, National Federation of the Blind <
OfficeOfThePresident at nfb.org>

Dear Colleagues,

I appreciate the love and support that is shared on this list. I also note
that this list is for the busiest of our state and national leaders. While
there is value in solidarity, it might be more productive if people reply
directly to the individual posting notices.

Some leaders of the Federation have commented to me with the frustration
that these messages get more feedback than substantive questions of
building the organization. Since no one has posted this concern publically,
I thought I would take the opportunity to do so. I urge all of us to
consider carefully whether a post to the entire list is meaningful or if
simply replying directly is more useful. I would venture to guess that the
leaders who have not replied publically to the list about the passing of
Federation members feel as emphathetic and grateful as those who have
posted. I am not trying to discourage sharing but rather encourage more
productive use of the list and the bandwidth of our leaders to consume
email.

Having said that, let me add my deepest condolences and gratitude for all
of the fallen leaders mentioned on this list who I have not acknowledged
publically with an email To all.

Finally, this list is yours, if you feel that I am out of line, I will of
course be advised by the leaders of the Federation. However, as one who has
a voice in this mix as well, I do urge that we up the level of posts here
regarding the needs of this leadership group and sharing of emerging
practices within our affiliates.

Warmest regards,

Mark

Mark A. Riccobono, President

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/200+East+Wells+Street,+Baltimore,+MD+21230?entry=gmail&source=g>

(410) 659-9314 | Officeofthepresident at nfb.org

Twitter: @Riccobono

[image: National Federation of the Blind] <https://nfb.org/>

                         [image: Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>    [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>    [image: Youtube]
<https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we
work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

State-Affiliate-Leadership-List:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/state-affiliate-leadership-list_nfbnet.org/skochnfbwv%40gmail.com