[NFBWV-Talk] BRAILLE CHALLENGE STORY ON MOUNTAIN STREAMS RADIO

David Allen dave.blindsight at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 19:55:41 UTC 2020

Hi Ed!

Since the decline you acknowledged coincided with my own public school
experience, I was glad you covered it, historically.

I recall relying on tapes from RFB, now Learning Ally, to study such high
school staples as Julius Cesar, because the school system of the day failed
to dliever this in braille, as they should reasonably have done.

True, it is possible to memorise from audio, and I did, *lol* I only needed
to memorise 45 lines to get an A for that section of my English class, but
the problem that wasn't anticipated, was they couldn't stop me, *lol* As I
recall it, they finally told me to shut up after I crossed the 50 line mark,
because Having done it from tape, I had no way of knowing where a "line"
begun or ended.

Cheers,
Dave