[NFBWV-Talk] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Participants needed for study on how blind and low-vision people perform collaborative writing and editing

Sheri Koch skochnfbwv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 02:17:39 UTC 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Blake, Lou Ann via NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org

Date: Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 10:14 PM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Participants needed for study on how blind
and low-vision people perform collaborative writing and editing
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for
informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no
involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our
research mission.

Researchers at Northwestern University are conducting a study on how people
with vision impairments perform collaborative writing and editing. We are
recruiting participants who are age 18 or over, speak English, have a
visual impairment, and perform writing or editing activities on a computer
using screen readers and applications like Microsoft Word and Google Docs.

Eligible participants are invited to participate in an audio-recorded study
about how you perform creative activities. The study will take place
remotely via phone or video calling software (e.g., BlueJeans, Zoom)
whichever you prefer. We will invite you to interact with the prototype of
an application we have developed for collaborative writing. You will be
asked to engage with this technology through a series of tasks. The
researchers will ask you questions about your experience as you complete
the tasks. We may also ask you questions about your work and the tools you
currently use.

The technology testing session will last for approximately 90 minutes.
Participants will be compensated with $60 Amazon or Visa gift card upon
completion of the session.

If you are interested in participating in this research, please email
maitraye at u.northwestern.edu. Alternatively, you may call (847) 316-1172.

Best,

Maitraye Das

PhD Student, Technology and Social Behavior

Northwestern University

*Principal Investigator:*

Anne Marie Piper

Department of Communication Studies

Northwestern University

Email: ampiper at northwestern.edu

Phone: 847-467-4198

Study Name: Content Production Tools for People with Vision Impairments

IRB Study Number: STU00210258

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.

Deputy Executive Director, Blindness Initiatives

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/200+East+Wells+Street,+Baltimore,+MD+21230?entry=gmail&source=g>

(410) 659-9314, extension 2221 | lblake at nfb.org

[image: National Federation of the Blind] <https://nfb.org/>

                         [image: Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>    [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>    [image: Youtube]
<https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we
work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

List archives:  <
http://www.nfbnet.org/pipermail/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org>
goto
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org/skochnfbwv%40gmail.com