[NFBWV-Talk] Ed's Birthday

Ed McDonald ed at eioproductions.com
Tue Oct 20 21:59:46 UTC 2020

Well, as you might expect, I am arriving late for the party.  Nevertheless, I want to thank everyone for all of the creative energy that went into the many birthday wishes.

I note that there appeared to be some slight discrepancy in the declaration of age posted by Mrs. McDonald and Mr. Jones in their respective messages.  I would note further, however, that we live in a time in which it appears that individuals apparently feel free to accept those "facts" which they like and to reject those which they do not.  I thus choose to embrace the statement set forth by Mr. Jones, without regard as to whether or not it was derived from reliable scientific research or other widely accepted fact-checking methodologies--35 feels like a perfectly valid number.  And the truth goes marching on!

Yesterday was indeed a good day in the life of the McDonald household.  After spending the morning in the kitchen with my wife, preparing vegetable soup for the slow cooker, I devoted much of the remainder of the day to my first adventure with so-called "remote voice tracking" technology.  Without attempting a long-winded explanation of how it works, suffice it to say that this technology enabled me to sit in the comfort of our basement studio while recording and adding announcements to an hour of music on our little radio station--almost as if I were hosting a "live" radio show.  After several months of battling a multitude of technical obstacles, this was a real break-through which I hope will eventually revolutionize the sound of the station.

Otherwise, the day was pretty typical.  Incidentally, the soup was very good, and I expect it to be even better this evening.

Thanks again for all the good wishes and kind thoughts.

Old McDonald