[NFBWV-Talk] [External] WARNING: Possible Scammer

Marcus Soulsby (NFBWV) msoulsby at nfbwv.org
Wed Oct 21 18:36:34 UTC 2020

When receiving suspicious communications from someone, it is always best to
contact that person directly (in person, voice, text with verified number if
absolutely necessary) and confirm whether or not such a communication has
been sent.  This makes all parties aware that such a scam might be going on.

Also, in the case of email, ALWAYS check the actual email address -
tap/highlight it to make sure it is from a reliable address before
responding to it.  This can head off confusion and possibly "making yourself
the next target:.

For the time being, I am taking my contact info out of the footer for
obvious reasons.  I think everyone here knows how to contact me.  Everyone
on this list might want to do the same when sending mail to the list, just
in case this happens to be the source of it.

Marcus E. Soulsby
President, NFB of West Virginia

Learn more about the National Federation of the Blind at:
http://www.nfb.org/
http://www.nfbwv.org/