[NFBWV-Talk] Matt Stewart

Marcus Soulsby (NFBWV) msoulsby at nfbwv.org
Tue Jun 22 17:21:52 UTC 2021

Fellow Federationists,

I am saddened to inform all of you about the untimely passing of one of our past Teachers of Tomorrow, Matt Stewart on Saturday.   Matt was a teacher at WVSB, And for those that are here that will remember, had organized the October 2016 White Cane Day walk at the State Capitol, where some WVSB students and staff had come down to march with us to symbolize independence during our Meet the Blind Month in October.   Matt was only 39 years old.

Late last year, like too many others, Matt had fallen serious pray to COVID-19, leaving his health in such a state that he had required a long and protracted hospital stay.  Unfortunately, he never really recovered.

At this time, I do not have information on services for Matt or other memorials.  I will keep you posted as best I can.  I had been trying to find that out but have not as of yet.

Sincerely,
Marcus Soulsby
President, NFBWV