[NFBWV-Talk] Roland Payne

Marcus Soulsby (NFBWV) msoulsby at nfbwv.org
Mon Aug 1 21:07:21 UTC 2022

Everyone,

I am very sad to inform everyone that one of our past affiliate presidents, Roland Payne, passed away late last night/early this morning after a prolonged illness that has been going on for several months. No one is really sure what exactly happened, but Roland had a series of health issues that really took hold in recent months.

Long before his presidency, Roland was one of our leaders who kept it all going. He was our longtime Legislative Director who oversaw many of our last state initiatives that our affiliate saw passed, Including the funding of Newsline.

He was also a longtime president of the Kanawha Valley chapter of NFBWV and, no small feat, was the person who really got me to join this organization. He and I had many talks, and I will definitely miss him.

Nothing else is known at this point, details about arrangements will be released once they are known.

Please keep Barbara Ann Shy-Payne in your thoughts and prayers.  She was one of our long-standing members of NFBWV who served us greatly.

Marcus Soulsby
President, NFBWV

Sent from my iPhone