[NFBWV-Talk] Another birthday

Ed McDonald ed at eioproductions.com
Thu Oct 26 23:31:30 UTC 2023

Thanks to all on this list for the birthday greetings and good wishes. As I quipped on Blind Community Unity Day, those who know Braille will understand when I say that turning 74 is "good." Now that I am a week into my 75th year, I can still say that life is indeed very "good."

The day was "sandwiched" in between a pair of rewarding and motivating events: our NFBWV state convention and the Grassroots Radio Conference, both held in Charleston.

I thought our convention was especially cordial, collegial, and productive. We shared food, fun, and fellowship. We took a bold step toward unity with our blind brothers and sisters. And we charted an innovative and  positive course for the coming year.

The Grassroots Radio Conference the following weekend gave me an equally motivating opportunity to get acquainted with and learn from a gathering of colleagues in community radio. And then there was the "Lovely and Talented" to come home to.

So what more could one want for a birthday! Thanks again to all of you for helping make it so "good."

Peace,

Old McDonald