[NHLakesChapter] Fwd: Death of Ed Meskys

Deanna O'Brien djobrien2004 at msn.com
Tue Jul 27 00:06:41 UTC 2021

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Frye, Daniel" <Daniel.B.Frye at doe.nh.gov>
Date: July 26, 2021 at 3:43:53 PM EDT
To: DOE-Blind Services <BlindServices at nh.gov>, "Hatz, Lisa" <Lisa.K.Hatz at doe.nh.gov>, "Durant, Elizabeth" <Elizabeth.A.Durant at doe.nh.gov>, Bill Finn <bill.finn at tds.net>, "Saia, Charles" <charles.saia at gcd.nh.gov>
Cc: officeofthepresident at nfb.org, "Braun, Beth" <Bbraun at nfb.org>, Deanna O'Brien <djobrien2004 at msn.com>
Subject: Death of Ed Meskys

SBVI Team, Lisa, and Beth:

I imagine that those of you  who have been affiliated with SBVI for a long time will know who Ed Meskys was. He apparently  died yesterday morning of a heart attack. Information about ways to share your condolences is provided in the forwarded message below. If he’s not remembered in the VR context, perhaps he’ll be more recently remembered by our Older Blind program in New Hampshire. I also believe that Ed was either actively serving, or had recently concluded his service, on the Governor’s Commission on Disability.

I can state, though, that Ed was a voice of influence and positive change, always respected by the NFB’s national leadership. Hopefully we’ll find a way to celebrate his life during the NFB of New Hampshire convention that will be offered virtually at the end of September. Deanna, please share this with the listserv; I seem to have trouble posting the occasional message to our state’s listserv.

Ed, thank you for your kindness, compassion, and unceasing championship of the blind of this nation. You  will be missed.

With Kind Regards,

Daniel B Frye, JD.
Administrator
Services for the Blind and Vision Impaired
New Hampshire Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation
Division of Workforce Innovation
New Hampshire Department of Education
21 S. Fruit Street, Suite 20
Concord, NH 03301
603-271-3814 (Office)
603-931-2376 (Mobile)
603-271-3816 (Fax)
Daniel.B.Frye at doe.nh.gov<mailto:Daniel.B.Frye at doe.nh.gov>

________________________________

NHVR Leadership Team Vision & Values

We are a unified team that promotes a culture of empowerment and support for staff, individually and collectively, to provide the highest quality counseling and vocational rehabilitation services, resulting in rewarding employment, independence and self-fulfillment.

In support of this vision we value:
-Transparency
-Integrity
-Innnovation/creativity
-Building staff confidence
-Open communication
-Embracing the unique skills and ideas of staff
-Consistency and Follow-Through