[NHLakesChapter] Ed Meskys Passing

jomar2000 at comcast.net jomar2000 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 27 02:51:42 UTC 2021

Hi Deb,
Thanks so very much for passing the news on to us.
It is also with a hugely heavy and tearful heart that we have received it.
Ed will surely be sorely missed by those of us that have had the benefit and
pleasure of his friendship, wisdom, the sharing of his incredible skills and
experiences, not to mention, his many, many humorous antics over a great
span of years!!
It was in 1996 that having realized that my fate in life would be total
blindness, that I knew I needed to learn lifelong skills from people that
knew their stuff. And, yup, for sure, it was Ed and another loyal NFBer
named John Parker that changed my life in a heartbeat and became the
greatest mentors that anyone could have ever asked for.
He was truly Mr. NFB to the core and well loved for it.
I have so missed the travels to Washington with him and other NFB members
but, will always hold dear those memories.

God's rest and peace to you Ed.. you have seriously earned a set of golden
wings for your service to the blind/vi community.

Respectfully
Marie