[Nj-diabetes-division] Emailing: dLife dBrief.htm

Vincent Chaney Jr. vgc732 at optonline.net
Wed May 30 05:31:35 UTC 2012

We have discussed this dLife Magazine which can be subscribed/enrolled into to receive the information. We have also covered Neuropathy on our division meetings. Check the other links, I find many of them interesting…

Vinny

MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00C9_01CD3E02.89193640" This is a multipart message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C9_01CD3E02.89193640 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit To ensure delivery, please add dlifenews at dlife.com to your email address book or safe senders list. dBrief from dLife Forward to a Friend | Find Us Diabetes news, information, insights. May 4, 2012 | Vol. 8, No. 18 Good Neuropathy News Is there such a thing as a bright spot when it comes to neuropathy? Despite the dour feelings many have about this most aggravating of complications, expert columnist Wil Dubois believes science has provided some bright spots. What are they? Find out! ›› in this week's issue Spotlight — Good Neuropathy News Expert Advice — Nerve Stimulation Most Popular — Speak Spanish? Read Now! Recipe — Grilled Orange Roughy with Nectarine Salsa Fame — Guess Who! Tip — Statin Drugs Label Changes Forum — Insulin Dream Poll — Fresh Start Newswire — Sensors Monitor Heart, Communicate with Phones dLife Store — Kitrics Glass Top Food Scale Expert Advice Nerve Stimulation The community wants to know: "Do you know about any success using neuromuscular stimulation devices?" and "My 4 year old is type 1 and has recently started hoarding and sneaking sweets. How can I help him understand that he cannot do this?" dLife's team of diabetes experts are here to help answer your questions. Get answers now ›› Most Popular dLife.com has all sorts of appealing content that continues to get people's interest. Here are a few you may have missed: * Speak Spanish? Read Now! * Managing Type 2 Diabetes in an Urban Environment * Dijon Spinach Apple Salad * Aerobic Versus Anaerobic Exercise Recipe Grilled Orange Roughy with Nectarine Salsa Grilled orange roughy topped with a sweet and tangy salsa. Get the recipe ›› dLife Recipe Finder ›› Fame Guess Who! This former ice hockey player is currently exercising his talents by way of coaching. He is famous for having played with many NHL teams, but the most amazing thing? He played for nearly six years with type 1 diabetes and didn’t know it! Tired of wondering? Just click here! ›› Tip Statin Drugs Label Changes If you haven’t heard yet, the FDA approved changes to the labeling on statin drugs this year. These drugs are vital in the treatment for preventing or slowing the progression of heart disease. Learn what the changes are and what they mean ›› Community Insulin Dream Sheri asks: "....I've read where there are individuals who opted to go on insulin vs. continuing the pill [regimen]? Any examples out there….I want what I want when I want it and I'm thinking insulin will afford me this luxury. Am I dreaming?" Is she? Share your experiences ›› Poll Fresh Start What did you think of dLifeTV's new opening sequence? Check out the opening! ›› Take the poll ›› Visit our poll archive ›› Newswire dLife Diabetes Newswire: Engineers Develop Textile Sensors that Monitor Cardiac Signs and Communicate with Smart Phones; Type 2 Diabetes More Common, More Dangerous in Children; Is There a Link Between Mood and Glucose Control in Diabetes?; More. Take the Ride of Your Life in Maryland. Get the details or submit your own event to the dLife Calendar today ›› dLife Store Kitrics Glass Top Food Scale This week’s dDeal is a digital food scale with a diswasher-safe glass top and removable silicon platform. This week, just $14.99 (normally $39.99). dLife members save an additional 10% with promo code: DBRIEF10. Get yours here ›› Vietnam veterans who developed type 2 diabetes after exposure to Agent Orange recount their struggles. Plus, Chef Michel Nischan in the dLife kitchen with a cheesy veggie favorite, and Jim Turner in the dentist's chair. Watch dLifeTV every Sunday on CNBC at 7:00 PM ET, 6:00 PM CT, and 4:00 PM PT. Get special 'web extras' from this episode and watch more videos from dLifeTV in our Viewing Room! advertisement Want to satisfy your sweet tooth without all that guilt? Check out the Werther’s Original Sugar Free page for a coupon and more information! advertisement advertisement did you miss something from last week? Click here to view last week’s edition of dBrief from dLife! dLifeTV - Watch dLifeTV eveery Sunday night - 7pm ET / 4pm PT on CNBC Newsletter Preferences | Subscribe | Unsubscribe | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer You are subscribed as vgc732 at optonline.net Copyright © 2012 LifeMed Media, Inc. All rights reserved. — dLife • P.O. Box 8830 • Westport, CT 06888 ------=_NextPart_000_00C9_01CD3E02.89193640 Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

To ensure delivery, please add dlifenews at dlife.com to your email address book or safe senders = list.

=20

Diabetes = news, information, insights.

May 4, 2012   |   Vol. 8, No. = 18

=20

Good Neuropathy = News

Is there such a thing as a bright spot when it comes to neuropathy? = Despite the dour feelings many have about this most aggravating of = complications, expert columnist Wil Dubois believes science has provided = some bright spots. What are they?

Find out! =E2=80=BA=E2=80=BA

Spotlight = — Good Neuropathy News

Expert Advice = — Nerve Stimulation

Most Popular = — Speak Spanish? Read Now!

Recipe — = Grilled Orange Roughy with Nectarine = Salsa

Fame — Guess Who!

Tip — Statin Drugs Label Changes

Forum — Insulin Dream

Poll — Fresh Start

Newswire — = Sensors Monitor Heart, Communicate = with Phones

dLife Store = — Kitrics Glass Top Food Scale =

=20

Nerve Stimulation
The community wants to know: "Do you know = about any success using neuromuscular stimulation devices?" and "My 4 year old = is type 1 and has recently started hoarding and sneaking sweets. How can I help = him understand that he cannot do this?" dLife's team of diabetes experts are here to help answer your questions.

Get answers now =E2=80=BA=E2=80=BA

dLife.com has all sorts of appealing content that continues to get = people's interest. Here are a few you may have missed:

*	Speak Spanish? Read Now!
*	Managing Type 2 Diabetes in an Urban Environment
*	Dijon Spinach Apple Salad
*	Aerobic Versus Anaerobic Exercise

Grilled Orange Roughy with Nectarine Salsa
Grilled orange roughy topped with a sweet and tangy salsa.

Get the recipe =E2=80=BA=E2=80=BA
dLife Recipe Finder =E2=80=BA=E2=80=BA

Guess Who!
This former ice hockey player is currently exercising his talents by way = of coaching. He is famous for having played with many NHL teams, but the = most amazing thing? He played for nearly six years with type 1 diabetes = and didn=E2=80=99t know it! Tired of wondering?

Just click here! =E2=80=BA=E2=80=BA

Statin Drugs Label Changes
If you haven=E2=80=99t heard yet, the FDA approved changes to the = labeling on statin drugs this year. These drugs are vital in the = treatment for preventing or slowing the progression of heart disease.

Learn what the changes are and what they mean = =E2=80=BA=E2=80=BA

Insulin Dream
Sheri asks: "....I've read where there are individuals who opted to go = on insulin vs. continuing the pill [regimen]? Any examples out = there=E2=80=A6.I want what I want when I want it and I'm thinking = insulin will afford me this luxury. Am I dreaming?"

Is she? Share your experiences =E2=80=BA=E2=80=BA

Fresh Start
What did you think of dLifeTV's new opening sequence?

Check out the opening! =E2=80=BA=E2=80=BA
Take the poll =E2=80=BA=E2=80=BA
Visit our poll archive =E2=80=BA=E2=80=BA

dLife Diabetes Newswire:
Engineers Develop Textile Sensors that Monitor Cardiac Signs and = Communicate with Smart Phones; Type 2 Diabetes More Common, More = Dangerous in Children; Is There a Link Between Mood and Glucose Control = in Diabetes?; More.

Take the Ride of Your Life in Maryland.

Get the details or submit your own event to the dLife Calendar = today =E2=80=BA=E2=80=BA

Kitrics Glass Top Food Scale
This week=E2=80=99s dDeal is a digital food scale with a diswasher-safe = glass top and removable silicon platform. This week, just $14.99 = (normally $39.99). dLife members save an additional 10% with promo code: = DBRIEF10.

Get yours here =E2=80=BA=E2=80=BA

Vietnam veterans who developed type 2 diabetes after exposure to Agent = Orange recount their struggles. Plus, Chef Michel Nischan in the dLife = kitchen with a cheesy veggie favorite, and Jim Turner in the dentist's = chair.

Watch dLifeTV every Sunday on CNBC at 7:00 PM = ET, 6:00 PM CT, and 4:00 PM PT.

Get special = 'web extras' from this episode and watch more = videos from dLifeTV in our Viewing Room!

Want to satisfy your = sweet tooth without all that guilt? Check out the Werther=E2=80=99s = Original Sugar Free page <file:///3D%22http:/app.bronto.com/public/?q=3Dulink&fn=3DLink&ssid=3D184&id=3D=>  for a coupon and more information!=20

did you miss something from last week? Click here to view last = week=E2=80=99s edition of dBrief from dLife!

Newsletter = Preferences   |    =20 Subscribe   |    Unsubscribe   |    Editorial Policy   |    =20 Privacy Policy   |    =20 Disclaimer

You are subscribed as = vgc732 at optonline.net

Copyright =C2=A9 2012 = LifeMed Media, Inc. All rights reserved. =E2=80=94 dLife =E2=80=A2 = P.O. Box 8830 =E2=80=A2 Westport, CT 06888

=20 =20

------=_NextPart_000_00C9_01CD3E02.89193640--