[Njabs-talk] brief introduction

spo2105 at columbia.edu spo2105 at columbia.edu
Wed Nov 12 17:53:16 UTC 2008

Hello,

I just subscribed to the mailing list and thought that I should
briefly introduce myself. I am a first-year undergraduate at Columbia
University's School of Engineering and Applied Science. I am also one
of the latest recipients of a state scholarship from our NJ chapter of
the NFB. As many of you may know, this involved attending the
convention last weekend. I greatly enjoyed the event. Though bored at
times, I loved learning about the progress of the organization and how
we are changing what it means to be blind. Some of the presentations
made me think that many problems and misconceptions can be solved with
different ways of reasoning and challenging, (if that's not the
meaning of the square watermelon metaphor, could someone please
explain it to me?). The greatest thing the convention confirmed for me
was that I should have gotten involved with NJABS when I first heard
of it at the convention about two years ago. I hope to remain updated
on information concerning this division and blind students in general.

Thank You.

Sean O'Keefe
spo2105 at columbia.edu