[Njabs-talk] Global Explorer Announcement II

Quintina M. Singleton qmsingleton at comcast.net
Mon Nov 17 20:10:34 UTC 2008

Sorry About That,

Here's the message!

Tina

Greetings from Global Explorers:

Good News! Due to the large number of requests from interested participants in the

past few days, the Leading the Way 2009 Grand Canyon Rafting Expedition application

deadline has been extended until DECEMBER 1.

We seek blind, visually impaired and sighted 14-21 year-old students to join us on

this life-changing adventure. Learn from world renowned adventurer Erik Weihenmayer

and explore leadership, service, science and culture within the Canyon walls!

We want YOU to  by emailing leadingtheway at globalexplorers.org

Download an application or learn more at:

http://www.globalexplorers.org

 or call 877-627-1425.

Braille and Large print available upon request.

Scholarship funds are available.

Featured on CBS Sunday Morning, ABC Nightline and the Travel Channel, Leading the

Way is a groundbreaking program that was developed in partnership with world famous

adventurer Erik Weihenmayer and Global Explorers, a nonprofit organization in Fort

Collins, Colorado. This program pairs high school and college students who are blind,

visually impaired and sighted together for extraordinary journeys. We are also piloting

our first program this year combining deaf, hard of hearing and hearing students.

After participating in our 2008 Grand Canyon Program, student

participant Nicole said: "I hope to let other people know that they can

step outside their comfort zones. This is a little hard for us, of

course. But, I hope to inspire other people to just get out there and

experience life for what it really is."

Make sure you watch the CBS Sunday morning feature of the 2008 Grand Canyon Rafting

Expedition at:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4447954n

Cheers,

Shannon Smiley