[Njabs-talk] new opportunity

Mary Fernandez trillian551 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 04:21:32 UTC 2009

Hey  Priscilla. As it turns out, this summer I will be spending five
weeks in France studying abroad. I think that as far as getting on a
plane and flying to D.R., you should be just fine. But here are some
questions that you should be asking. And if you speak Spanish, you
will have an advantage.
1. Where will you be staying?
2. Who are you going to be staying with?
These are important, because depending on your surrounding areas you
will know what to expect when you get there. If you are staying in an
impoverished area for example, you probably won't have easy access to
public transportation, and so you will have to make other
arrangements.
3. What will you be expected to do?
If you know what you will be doing, when you get there, it won't be
this huge surprise. Also, it sounds like you are going with a group of
people, so chances are, someone else will probably also be going to
the same  place as you are.
It's important to be flexible, and to realize that as much as you
plan, there will probably be instances where you will have to
improvise. Just have an open mind, and use all those travel skills,
and you'll be perfectly ok. And enjoy yourself!
---
Mary Fernandez
Psychology and music
Emory University 2012
P.O. Box 123056,
Atlanta Ga.
30322
In reaffirming the greatness of our nation, we understand that
greatness is never a given. It must be earned.
President Barack Obama

--
Mary Fernandez
Emory University 2012