[Njabs-talk] NEW NABS- DELAWARE DIVISION!!

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 5 21:34:51 UTC 2009

Hello New Jersey Folks!

I just wanted to let you know the DELAWARE is on the map now with a NEW NABS ( National Association of Blind Students)   Group. We are looking forward to seeing you in Detroit this year. So we as a group have planned 4 fundraisers and asking for your help so we see what   National Convention is all about. Five of Six students have never been to convention. Since we are so close to each other, our NABS- DELAWARE division   would like to get to know you and find out how WE   can become so strong like you are.

Our First Fundraiser has been going on for a week now and I have talked to Evelyn and Quint ina last night but wanted to share it with you all.

1. Honey Baked Ham products: we have hams, turkey, cakes, and jams for pick up April 11.   And for that is not able to pick up you things we have Gift Certificates that you can use at a local store or on- line ordering. Those gift certificates are in amounts of $25, $40 and $50. We need the money in for those by March 27 so we can pick them up and get them too you the following week so you can use them for Easter. When wanting either of the things PLEASE contact me or two of the other students.

My info is: catherine.1966 at yahoo.com
Liz Bottner: liz.bottner at g.mail.com
Kat Bottner: kat.bottner at g.mail.com

2. Raffle Drawing
                      1st prize: Weekend Get- a- way in Atlantic City
                       2ND prize: $200 Cash
                      3rd prize: $50 Gift Certificate for Honey Baked Ham products

Drawing will be held June 13, 2009 not need to be present. Raffle   Tickets are $5.00 each
You may contact either 3 of students I have provided above.

3. DVI ( Delaware Division Visually Impaired) May 1 & 2
           Friday night at DuPont Hotel Dinner
           Saturday 5k run or walk at Brandywine Zoo Park. That is where we will be selling Hot Dogs, Ice Cream, soda, and water.

Thanks for your help in advance. I t is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely yours,
Catherine Newman