[Njabs-talk] Accessibility to Verizon Wireless Phone

Quintina M. Singleton qmsingleton at comcast.net
Sun Mar 15 13:16:24 UTC 2009

TALKS For VERIZON WIRELESS offers mobile acceSsibility to BLIND AND

>>> VISUALLY IMPAIRED CUSTOMERS

>>> Available Initially on the MOTO Q 9c, TALKS for Verizon Wireless Gives

>>> Blind

>>> and Visually Impaired Customers Audio Feedback Support for Writing and

>>> Reading Text Messages, E-Mail and Notes

>>> BASKING RIDGE, N.J. - The owner and operator of the nation's most

>>> reliable

>>> wireless network announced today the availability of TALKST for Verizon

>>> Wireless - a new assistive technology that converts displayed text into

>>> highly intelligible speech for Verizon Wireless customers who are blind

>>> or

>>> visually impaired.  Available initially on MOTOT Q 9c smartphones

>>> beginning

>>> March 15, TALKS for Verizon Wireless supports audio feedback for writing

>>> and

>>> reading text messages, e-mail and notes.

>>> Powered by Nuance Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq: NUAN), TALKS for Verizon

>>> Wireless uses ETI-Eloquence text-to-speech software - similar to other

>>> screen-reading packages on WindowsR PC platforms - to offer visually

>>> impaired and blind customers instant familiarity and the highest

>>> intelligibility.  With the TALKS application, the MOTO Q 9c from Verizon

>>> Wireless can:

>>> *         Read the caller ID of an incoming call

>>> *         Dial a number from the phone's Contacts directory

>>> *         Add and edit entries in the Contacts directory

>>> *         Read and write text messages and e-mail

>>> *         Read and write documents using Mobile Office

>>> *         Access and compose multimedia message service (MMS) messages

>>> *         Use Mobile Internet Explorer to access the Internet

>>> *         Control speech volume and rate of speech

>>> "The TALKS application helps Verizon Wireless provide the best wireless

>>> experience for our customers who are visually impaired," said Jeffrey

>>> Dietel, vice president - marketing operations for Verizon Wireless.

>>> "TALKS

>>> for Verizon Wireless turns the MOTO Q 9c smartphone into a

>>> communications

>>> tool that will help customers with impaired vision stay connected to

>>> family,

>>> friends and colleagues through methods beyond voice calls."

>>> The MOTO Q 9c with TALKS for Verizon Wireless will be available online

>>> at

www.verizonwireless.com

 on Sunday for $249.99 after a $70 online instant

>>> rebate with a new two-year customer agreement.  Existing MOTO Q 9c

>>> customers

>>> who wish to add the TALKS application should contact Verizon Wireless

>>> Customer Service at 800-922-0204.

>>> Customers can learn more about TALKS for Verizon Wireless by visiting

www.verizonwireless.com/accessibility

.  For more information about

>>> Verizon

www.verizonwireless.com