[Njabs-talk] YSA Grant idea

snowwhite14 at comcast.net snowwhite14 at comcast.net
Tue May 5 20:16:08 UTC 2009

To all NJABS:

Regarding the e-mail from Joe Orozco on the possible earning $500 from the YSA Grant.

With October being Blindness Awareness Month, could the chapters not put something together promoting blindness awareness in the schools, since this should be geared to ages up to age 14.

Possible goal: To mobilize our blind youth to ID/address the needs of the blind; the need for more Braille lessons; the low literacy rate

            To support our blind youth on their life long path for independence and civic involvement.

             to educate the public and policy makers; educate them on the need for more Braille teachers and the desire for blind equality

from Linda Mackey