[Njabs-talk] Students Needed for Research

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 23 00:16:50 UTC 2010

The below announcement is worth passing on to blind students in your
affiliate:

 [Flyer for Students: Announcement of Study]

 Seeking Students for Research Study

 Students who are between the ages of 16 and 22 years who are braille
 readers and users of assistive technology are needed for a study. This
 study will explore how you use both braille and electronic information
 for classroom work, and how you learned these literacy practices. The
 purpose of this research will be to add to our understanding of the
 current role of both hard-copy (paper) braille and use of electronic
 access to information by people who are blind from ages 16-22, and your
 attitudes and perceptions about both braille and technology. This
 information will inform how we prepare pre-service teachers to instruct
 young braille readers.

 If you are interested in participating in this study or getting more
 information, please contact me via email at  fmd22 at pitt.edu, by calling
 412-521-5797, or by writing to me at:

 Frances Mary D'Andrea
 5513 Posvar Hall
 University of Pittsburgh
 Pittsburgh PA 15260

 If you are under 18, you MUST have your parents' or guardians'
 permission. A consent form will be send to you in braille or
 electronically after you verify that you are:

 1. between the ages of 16-22
  2. a student enrolled in school
 3. a braille reader
 4. a user of electronic assistive technology devices, hardware, or
 software.

 If you are under 18, your parents will also receive a consent form that
 must be signed before you can participate.

 Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your interest!

 Frances Mary D'Andrea