[Njabs-talk] NFB scholarship program announcement

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 27 22:59:56 UTC 2010

Thank you,

Jerilyn Higgins, NFB NJ

scholarship committee chairperson

NFB 2010 Scholarship Program for blind college students

Deadline: March 31, 2010

Dear Educators, Librarians, and

Counselors:

This program is for legally blind students in

the
United States or Puerto Rico who will be attending college or university

in fall 2010.  We have 30 scholarships in our program. Students apply to

the scholarship
program (not for a particular scholarship). The NFB

Scholarship Committee chooses the 30 winners from all who apply and later

decides which scholarship
each of the thirty winners will

receive.

$12,000 –   1 award

$10,000 –   1 award

$  5,000 –   4 awards

$  3,000— 22 awards

Plus other gifts to our 30 scholarship

winners.

Complete details are available on our Website

at
www.nfb.org/scholarships.

Please share this information with other

departments and agencies in our state that have contact with blind college

students. Please give it to any high
school senior intent on entering college

in fall 2010 or any blind college student from college freshman up through

working on a PhD, and any counselor,
teacher, or parent working with a blind

scholar.

Cordially,