[Njabs-talk] Research on Blindness and Sleep

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 13 19:23:52 UTC 2010

FYI:
If you are interested, please contact him.

Dear Mrs.Valdez
I am contacting you because I believe that some members of the

New Jersey Division of the National Association of Blind Students may be

interested in learning about our effort to better understand sleep problems in

people who are totally blind.
I am from Vanda Pharmaceuticals, a pharmaceutical company

located in Rockville, MD. Vanda is developing a new medicine to

treat the complaint of the sleep/wake cycle experienced by some individuals

with no light perception.
For this reason, we are interested in learning more about

people who have no light perception blindness and the problems they face with

sleep or wakefulness. I have also attached an announcement about upcoming sleep

studies that some totally blind individuals may be interested in.
We gladly welcome the opportunity to talk to you about our

plans and to learn more about you and your organization. We also would

appreciate if you could pass this information along to other individuals in

your community who may be interested by this research.

Sincerely,
Christian Lavedan, Ph.D.
Head of Discovery
Vanda

Pharmaceuticals
9605 Medical Center Drive Suite

  300
Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Tel: 240.599.4500
Fax: 301.294.1900
www.vandapharma.com

This message,

including its attachments, is company
confidential and may

contain proprietary information.
Any unauthorized

distribution of this message is strictly prohibited