[Njabs-talk] Fwd: Up Coming events we would to share with you

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 15 22:27:43 UTC 2010

FYI:
This is an event that the Delaware Students' Division will be holding. Please let me know if you're interested in perhaps attending...sounds like fun!!!
TTYL,
Ms. Evelyn Valdez
NJABS President

Student/ Career Division will be holding two fundraising events. A Fundraisers Concert with our blind NFB members’ bands and a wine tasting. The concert will be held on August 07, 2010 at the Harrington Moose Lodge. Their will be activities for all ages: such as a cake walk, placing people in the jail house, and 50/50 raffle so bring money and friends and family. Tickets cost are $20 per person which includes a meal from 2:00 pm – 4:00pm.

Tickets can purchased from any of the student/ career division members by July 31.

Contact: Catherine Newman

Phone Number: 302 384 6879

Address: 202 Ellsworth Drive

Newark, De. 19711

The second event will be a wine tasting event. This will be held on Saturday, September 18, 2010 at the Deerfield Winery

Address: 205 Louviers  Drive
Newark, DE 19711-4167
from 4:30 pm – 8:00 pm this fundraiser will be helping the LEAD program. There will be baskets for auction and 50/50 raffle. Cost will be $10 at the door

NFB State Convention

This year’s convention will be held at the Holiday Inn Select in Claymont. On Friday October 22 threw Saturday, October 23, 2010. We will begin at 9 AM with the second part of the Braille Workshop, we will have a box lunch with a few workshops in the afternoon, in the evening there will be a state broad meeting (open to all). At 8PM the student / career division will host a talent show. Saturday we will more workshops and guest speakers (more details to follow). This year we will have exhibitors for the first time. Advance reservations for the hotel and convention will be requires before October 09, 2010.  Hotel room rates per night will be $89.00 w/tax.

For more information contact: Lynne Majewski

              302 652 6761