[Njabs-talk] Thru Our Eyes announces a doubleheader of education, information and inspiration!

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Mon May 17 20:19:08 UTC 2010

Thru Our Eyes announces a doubleheader of education, information and inspiration!

On Wednesday, May 19, at 8:00 EDT, Joe Ruffalo, member of the NFB board

of Directors and affiliate president in New Jersey,  will host an hour

interview with a timely topic on diabetes.

Joe and his guests, Jerry Munden,

vice president of business development for Prodigy Diabetes Care and Jordan

Benis, chief operations officer for Advanced Diabetic Solutions will discuss the

following:

The history of each of the companies
Their company's blood glucose monitors, the Prodigy Voice and the Solo V2
The importance of blood glucose monitoring by all diabetics
Medicare and private insurance coverage for the audible blood glucose monitors and the difficulties experienced by many
Jerry Munden will discuss the Prodigy Count-a-Dose and other products by Prodigy Diabetes Care available now and to come.
Jordan Benis will speak about ADS and the other diabetic products they have, I.e. socks, shoes,
slippers, etc.
The objective for this very educational and informative interview is to provide the diabetic audience the knowledge of audible,
accessible tools and information in their choice of a monitor and other diabetic products.
Immediately following, The Bright Side will conduct an informative interview hosted by Jane Degenshein, a member of the at large chapter of the
NFBNJ and leader of Eyes Closed, Hearts Open, ECHO and Jerry Moreno, president of a local chapter in North Carolina and a long time member of the NFB who will

interview, Rebecca Irvin, member of the NFBNJ, northern chapter, Braille tutor, active member in her community and a true leader.
Also highlighted will be Jerry's tech tips and Jane's book reviews.

How to access Thru Our Eyes:
Logging into www.thruoureyes.org
or for JAWS users, www.thruoureyes.org/jaws.html
If you wish to call in a question or comment, please dial 1 888 572 0141

Vinny
Vincent Chaney Jr
NFB Diabetes Action Network (DAN) Board
NFBNJ Diabetes Division President
NJAGDU Division President
NFBNJ Technology Division Vice President
NFBNJ.ORG Webmaster