[Njabs-talk] Public Apology

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 11 22:54:26 UTC 2010

Evelyn,
Please discuss with the students that you would need to discuss.
I had replied to him with some positive words.

Best,
Joe

To: President of the NFBNJ;

Mr. Joe Ruffalo and all members of the NFBNJ.

I am Khalil Abdul-Majid and I am a member of the NFB

of Delaware.  I wish to offer a public apology for my negative

language during the NFB NJ State Convention 2010.  I apologized to

you Mr. Joe Ruffalo on Saturday/November 6 2010 regarding

my negative actions/language, but I want to offer my public apology to

Ms. Catherine Elizabeth Newman for speaking very negatively to her because

she did not deserve the way I spoke to her.  Ms. Catherine Elizabeth Newman

deserves much, much better than that.  I've apologized to Ms. Catherine

personally, but I spoke to her so negatively in public (during the NFBNJ 2010

State Convention), so I feel that the least I can do is to offer my public

apology to her.  Ms. Catherine Elizabeth Newman is a genuine woman with

remarkable qualities and works hard and very efficiently for blind

students.  Her dedication to the NFB is outstanding and she goes all out to

ensure that young blind students become productive/successful members of

society.  Mr. Ruffalo, I was not aware that some of the NFB NJ student

members were listening to me while I was speaking to Ms. Catherine

Elizabeth Newman so negatively.  I am not offering any excuse about not

knowing who was around at the time of my negative behavior sir, I have mentioned

that I did not know who was around, listening to all of that because I've really

upset Catherine, especially when some of the student members of the NFB NJ

listened.  Sir, I feel absolutely horrible about the entire situation and I

did not have to react the way I did that day.  I hope that this apology be

made public within the NFBNJ web site for all to read, but most importantly,

that Ms. Catherine Elizabeth Newman will know for certain that I am truely,

deeply and sincerely sorry for the way I treated her so rudely and

negatively.  Ms. Catherine Elizabeth Newman and the members of

the NFBNJ has seen me at my worst, and I sincerely apologize to you all for my

actions and behaviors with the hopes that you all would please forgive me,

especially you Catherine Elizabeth Newman.  I hope that I will be given

another chance to show you all my best, not my worst.

Sincerely,

Khalil Abdul-Majid