[Njabs-talk] Programs for blind and visually impaired visitors at the Met

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 26 19:32:20 UTC 2010

The Metropolitan Museum of Art offers a range of opportunities for
children and adults who are blind or visually impaired to engage with works
of art. We have Touch Tours, a Touch Collection, family programs,
descriptive tours and a drawing class. We have a children's book called Art
and the Alphabet: A Tactile Experience that combines large print, Braille
and tactile pictures, which is free to organization who work with blind
children. I'm attaching a link to the program page of our website so you can
learn more:
http://www.metmuseum.org/events/visitorsdisabilities/blind.

I've also attached a flyer for our up-coming family program on Saturday, December 4th.
If you know any families who would be interested or teachers of blind
students, please pass it along.

  We would love to spread the word to your organization and encourage people
to visit, either independently or in groups. Our programs are free for this
audience. Please feel free to email or call
(212-650-2304) if you have any questions.

  Happy Thanksgiving,
  Deborah Jaffe
  Associate Museum Educator and Access Coordinator
  The Metropolitan Museum of Art