[Njabs-talk] SenseView Duo, Clarity, other similar devices

Jason Capati jason.capati at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 30 05:02:32 UTC 2010

Hey Phil,
I do not have much experience with the SenseView Duo, however, I have tried oen
out and learned about it from others at my NJ State Convention.  It is a
cool-looking device with a descent sized screen.  The camera is on the right
hand side and there are buttons along both sides of it.  In my opinion it had
too many different functions that made it a little complicated.  I also heard
that the distance camera was not the best.  It had a small field and it was a
little tedious to use.  With patience and time, it would probably be helpful
though.  I have the second SenseView that is slightly smaller than the Duo
wihtout the distance camera.  It has become my most used assistive technology in
my classes for worksheets and quick reading, rather than for long texts, which I
resort to my desktop CCTV.  This brings me to my next point.  The Clarity.  I
was given one last year.  I found it a little bulky and a hastle carrying from
room to room.  It took time to assemble and took up a good amount of space on
the desk.  It was best for reading worksheets, not textbooks.  Other than that,
the distance camera was helpful and clear.  IT gave me the opportunity to write
my own notes, and be independent in my classes.  However, the short battery-life
and bulkiness made it a bit of an inconvenience at times, and I ended up
resorting to auditory note-taking and my SenseView.  I hope I was able to help,
Phil.  If you have anymore questions, you can ask me.  Both devices are
different and they all depend on the user and their preferences.  Good luck ,
man.