[Njabs-talk] Announcing a Unique Travel & LeadershipProgram for B/VI Youth

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 28 20:09:45 UTC 2010

Attention NJABS:
You must apply for this! Do it for me because I'm too old to do it! :(
TtYL,
Ms. Evelyn Valdez
NJABS, President
email: evelyn at njabs.org

Announcing a Unique Travel & Leadership Program for B/VI Youth

Do you know an exceptional student who would benefit from a unique
travel and leadership program?  Nominate that student for the Global
Explorers Leading the Way program at
http://www.globalexplorers.org/programs/forms/nominate/grandcanyon/ .
Developed in partnership with world-renowned blind athlete Erik
Weihenmayer, Leading the Way brings together blind and sighted youth
ages 14-21 for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure combining leadership,
science, culture, and service.  Specifically, the program aims to
achieve the following:

.	   Provide unparalleled leadership skills by learning about and
practicing No Barriers Leadership.

.	   Develop confidence, independence, self-awareness, and
curiosity about the world in participants.

.	   Promote peer relationships am

--------- ong youth of different backgrounds and abilities.

.	   Equip participants with the tools they need to step up and
make a difference in the world.

.	   Prepare participants to act on the passions they discover.

.	   Spread messages of hope by breaking down barriers between
those with and without disabilities.

Our summer 2011 Leading the Way destination is one of the 7 Natural
Wonders of the World - the majestic Grand Canyon!  To learn more or to
apply, please visit www.globalexplorers.org and click "Leading the
Way."  The application deadline is Monday, November 15.  For more
information, please contact Laura at laura at globalexplorers.org or
877.627.1425.