[Njabs-talk] "Important, NFBNJ, POBC"- BUDGET ALERT #4--Next Action!!!

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 6 23:15:13 UTC 2011

FYI:
Please contact Carol Castellano with your  availability to attend to this important hearing.
her contact information is as follows:
phone: 973 377 0976
email: blindchildren at verizon.net

Get involved.  Make a difference!

Hi Everyone,

The next action in our advocacy effort to

keep all of NJ's teachers of the blind/VI is to attend the following

hearing:

Thurs., April 7
10 a.m.
Assembly Budget Hearing:

Department of Human Services
State House Annex, Committee Room 11, 4th  floor
Trenton NJ
http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/12-Budget/Assembly.pdf

(copy & paste into address bar)

This is the meeting where

budget committee members will ask the Commission and the Dept. of Human Services

about this cut.  The public cannot comment at this meeting, but we have

been advised by legislators to be there to show our mass

against this cut.

We have also been told to bring signs saying

things like “NO CUTS TO BLIND KIDS” or "BLIND KIDS DESERVE AN EDUCATION" or "OUR

KIDS NEED TEACHERS" & hold them up!  We have heard that security might

not allow signs in, so it might be better if you can to write your message on a

white t-shirt and either wear it or drape it over your chest when you sit

down.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN ATTEND!!!  We have

momentum.  We have gotten the attention of the legislators.  They are

sympathetic to our cause.  WE MUST CONTINUE OUR PRESSURE!!!

Attached

is a listing of the latest issues.

Directions:

The State House is

located at 125 West State Street in Trenton, NJ. The zip code is

08625.

>From the East: Take 195 west to Route 29 north (toward

Lambertville). Exit right at Memorial Drive. Follow signs for the Capitol

Complex and proceed through the light at the end of the ramp. After the light,

make a sharp first right and proceed making a semi-circle around the parking

area. Pass through the light into the Capitol Complex.

>From the

South: Take Route 206 north or 295 north, and follow directions to 195 west

to Route 29 north (toward Lambertville). Follow directions above for traveling

from the east.

>From the West: Enter Trenton via Delaware River

toll bridge (Route 1 north). Exit at Route 29. Take Route 29 north (toward

Lambertville). Exit right at Memorial Drive. Follow signs for the Capitol

Complex and proceed through the light at the end of the ramp. After the light,

make a sharp first right and proceed making a semi-circle around the parking

area. Pass through the light into the Capitol Complex.

>From the

North: Take Route 1 south to the last New Jersey exit ("Capitol Complex").

Turn right onto Warren Street and go to the light where you will make a left

onto Market Street. Pass through the next light at William Trent Place and bear

right following signs for the Capitol Complex.

Parking: Limited

free public parking is available in the State House Garage. It is accessed from

the rear entrance to the Capitol Complex, off Route 29. Proceed to the guard

booth and have picture ID ready to gain access to the garage.

Metered,

on-street parking is available along West State Street. Several pay lots are located

within walking distance. Handicap parking is available in the parking garage and

on West State Street in front of the State House and Annex and across the street

from the State House.

Carol Castellano
Director of Programs
National Organization