[Njabs-talk] Arab Americans and Disabilities Conference materials for distribution

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 29 20:29:02 UTC 2011

A number of statewide disability organizations,

working in partnership with a number of leaders, organizations, and networks in

the Arab American communities of New Jersey, are sponsoring a cultural

awareness conference entitled “Arab

American Communities and Disabilities Conference: Getting to Know You, Getting

to Know Us.”  The Hold

the Date Flier and a Sponsorship

and Exhibitor Brochure are attached. It is Saturday, December 10 at

the Doubletree in Somerset.

As the title implies, the conference has

two primary purposes:

	 build awareness and understanding about Arab American communities in New Jersey with

	 disability service providers and networks to enable more effective

	 outreach and support.

	 help individuals, families and Arab American organizations to have a

	 better understanding of the services and supports available to people with

	 disabilities and their families as residents of New Jersey.
You will see the current sponsors on the

flier. We welcome other organizations who would like to join at any level of

sponsorship or as exhibitors. Doing so will enable us to keep the conference

costs as low as possible to individuals and families from Arab American communities

in New Jersey.

The current sponsors are deeply grateful

for the enthusiastic response we have had from leaders in Arab American

communities in New Jersey.

We are looking forward to an exciting and stimulating conference.  We are

now working on the conference program and brochure, which we hope to have

available by late September/early October.

If you have questions, please feel free to

contact Robyn Carroll at The Boggs Center, robyn.carroll at umdnj.edu or me.