[Njabs-talk] NFBNJ, congratulates Brian Mackey

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 23 17:24:36 UTC 2011

Dear Fellow Federationists,

Bea and Joe, please feel free to forward this to Tom Ferry and other accountants in our affiliate.

Back in late October, the person who I go to get my glasses re-aligned gave me a name to contact regarding a possible job opening. When mom read the name, she instantly recognized the name. It was a fellow member in her Rotary group! It is at an accounting firm in downtown Medford called Padden Denn Drewry. A few days later, we contacted the person and he said to come in for an interview.

A few days after that phone call, we went for the interview. I thought it was for an internship. But, during the interview Mr. Padden suggested that I start a self-employed accounting service sub-contracting company. The reason that he suggested that I should do that instead of being one of his employees is that I can still do my volunteer jobs. I agreed to that and we have been working together to get it started. The name of the company is Mackey Enterprises LLC. Mom is my 1% partner. I am entering client’s checks into their QuickBooks accounts and doing bank reconciliations. They helped me obtained copies of QuickBooks.

I am only working with QuickBooks 2011 at the moment. To begin with, Padden Denn Drewry will be sending some of their clients over to me. I just got my first client today! I am very excited to use the accounting knowledge that I obtained while at the trade school in Cherry Hill, Harris School of Business. Hopefully in the future, other accounting companies will send some of their clients in my direction. I will keep you updated.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Brian A. Mackey

Brian A. Mackey
Mackey Enterprises LLC
Board Member, National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Garden State Chapter
609-953-6988
E-mail: bmackey88 at gmail.com