[Njabs-talk] Assemblyman O'Scanlon contact info

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 29 01:17:19 UTC 2011

FYI
>From Carol Castellano, Parents of Blind Children, President

Hello All,

As you have heard, false and misleading statements found their way into
Assemblyman Declan O'Scanlon's press release of a few days ago.  We need to
contact Mr. O'Scanlon to let him know that there are major problems with the
information in the release, namely that with
1/3 of the workforce gone, the blind children of NJ will NOT receive the
same services, no matter what the department says; that there is NO
duplication of services, as the Commission for the Blind is the only agency
with these specially trained teachers of the blind on staff; and that
advocates for the blind were certainly NOT consulted in regard to these cuts
and if we were, we never would have agreed to them.

You can read his press release on this website:
<HTTP: oscanlon-confirms-blind-children-will-rec
eive-same-quality-service-next-year>http://www.politickernj.com/45758/oscanl
on-confirms-blind-children-will-receive-same-quality-service-next-year

Here is the contact information for Assemblyman Declan O'Scanlon.
Telephone: 732-933-1591

You can send email to him directly on his legislative page:
http://www.njleg.state
.nj.us/members/bio.asp?leg=277
Look for the Contact Your Legislators link.

Let me know if you receive any response!
Carol

Carol Castellano
Director of Programs
973-377-0976