[Njabs-talk] National Federation of the Blind Comments on Steve Jobs

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 7 23:14:03 UTC 2011

Baltimore, Maryland (October 6, 2011): The National Federation of the Blind (NFB) today commented on the death of Steve Jobs, co-founder and former chairman and chief executive officer of Apple, Inc.

Dr. Marc Maurer, President of the National Federation of the Blind, said: “Like so many others, we are saddened to hear of the death of Steve Jobs and extend our condolences to his family, friends, and colleagues.  Mr. Jobs demonstrated tremendous vision in leadership in many ways, one of which is the incorporation of access for the blind and others with disabilities into the design of Apple’s groundbreaking product line.  Virtually no other manufacturer of mainstream consumer technology has done more to build accessibility into its products than Apple has under Mr. Jobs’s leadership.  Apple’s monumental access achievements include the ability for blind users, for the first time, to use touch-screen technology, as well as the inclusion of built-in support for Braille-aware devices.  The National Federation of the Blind commends and thanks Mr. Jobs for his extraordinary work.”